Settlement Experts

Follow Us :
Settlement Experts Logo

How to Move to the UK?

Table of Contents

To move to the UK, you can apply for a long-term work visa by following these steps: 

  1. Find employment.
  2. Find the correct visa type.
  3. Apply for the visa.
  4. Move to the UK.
  5. Get an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Find Employment

Before you decide to move, you should have a job or a job offer in the UK so you may apply for a work visa. You must make sure that your employer will sponsor you for a permit if you’re interested in a sponsored-based visa.

Find the Correct Visa Type

There are various immigration alternatives available depending on your abilities and the kind of work you’re looking for in the UK.

Therefore, please be sure to investigate all available visa alternatives to determine which one best suits your profile.

The following are a few of the popular work visa categories:

  • Start-up visa or an innovator visa.
  • expert worker visa.
  • visa for international athletes.
  • You must confirm that the visa type for which you are applying has a path to permanent residence.

Apply for the Visa

You need to gather your documentation and submit your visa application once you’ve decided which visa you wish to apply for. Typically, you must wait for a response after submitting an application for a visa at a local representative office. Depending on the type of visa you apply for, the application procedure could take a few weeks to several months.

Move to the UK

If your application is approved, the visa office will inform you through email or letter of the outcome and the next steps. Additionally, you will receive a “vignette” sticker for your passport that will include information about your immigration status, including the sort of visa you have, how long it will be valid, and other details.

You must pick up your biometric residence permit (BRP) at the post office after you arrive in the UK (if you applied outside of the UK).

Your BRP serves as both identification and authorization to live and work in the UK.

Get an Indefinite Leave to Remain

You can obtain your Indefinite Leave to Remain after spending five years in the UK on your work visa (Permanent Residence).

You can live in the UK without any restrictions thanks to your ILR, and if you meet the requirements, you can then seek citizenship

Headoffice - Dubai, UAE

📱 +971 52 375 7838 (WhatsApp)
📱 +971 52 375 7838
☎  +971 45294250
🕐 10:00am to 06:30pm (Saturday to Wednesday)
🕐 10:00am to 04:00pm (Thursday)
🏪 Suite No 704, The Prism Tower, Business Bay, Dubai

Islamabad Office - Pakistan

📱 +92 317 590 6075 (WhatsApp)
📱 +92 317 590 6075
☎  +92 51 889 6862
🕐 10:00am to 06:30pm (Saturday to Wednesday)
🕐 10:00am to 04:00pm (Thursday)
🏪 nd Floor, Opp. National Bank, Main PWD, NPF O-9, Islamabad

Talk with Experts